Objectives for Indianapolis Grand Prix
On March 3rd through the 5th I will be attending the Indianapolis Grand Prix in Indianapolis Indiana. I plan on racing my main events which are the 50 and 100 freestyle but will also race a few off events which are the 200 free, 100 back and 200IM. Before a meet like this I like to take a moment and set up some objectives to focus on. below are a few that I will be working on during the meet in Indianapolis.
- I will practice race strategies for the end of the year for my main events.
- I will be more aggressive in my 100 free and allow my work to follow through.
- I will following my step by step pre-race and post-race process.
- I will monitor technique through video analysis provided by USA Swimming.
- I will take notes of my mental status and record them for later review.
These are the five main objectives I will be working on this week in Indianapolis. Having objectives and working to accomplish them in a step by step process allows me to not look for instant results and force it. I have learned that if you force it, it’s normally not going to happen the way you want it. This will be my first meet where I feel like I have some good work behind. Its has been over 2 years since I have felt like this and can’t wait to see how the meet plays out.
Meet info and results are here: Indianapolis Grand Prix Competition Page.